Online Focus Groups
It is easy to understand why online focus
groups are increasing in popularity with benefits:
- High quality actionable insights in terms of relevance,
depth and integrity.
- Quality output containing rich verbatim quotations.
- Fast turnaround - reporting timeline is reduced with
highly accurate transcripts available immediately.
- No geographic constraints with national reach.
- Heightened quality engagement as written responses
provide time to reflect and synthesise information.
- Reduced domination and influence with comments 'hidden'
until participant comments.
- Anonymity encourages more open and honest feedback.
Face-to-face focus groups still have their
place in our product offering and are particularly important
when it is crucial the moderator gauges participants initial
response to stimuli i.e. design of new label, new packaging
ideas as well as hands-on experiences i.e. trying on new jacket
The success of a focus group is reliant on
the skill of the moderator in extracting vital information from
the participants and reducing 'group think' mentality.
Of particular importance is the time spent
thoroughly researching and preparing a comprehensive discussion
guide prior to the focus group. This guide is shared with
the client to ensure we are on track to meet our client's needs
and desired output.
TSMR has teamed up with an innovative and
inspiring Australian business in order to offer New Zealand
businesses online focus groups...
But there are many more exciting changes
to come! Watch this space!